In the fast paced world of today, eliminating the need for an extra dental appointment makes a lot of sense. Metal free dentistry with CEREC is a process that allows your dentist to complete a ceramic restoration in one visit.
The very word CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. Each one of those words describes the wonderful attributes of this process and why so many dentists employ CEREC in their offices.
Having access to a dental provider with CEREC technology offers many advantages not available using traditional methods.
- Crowns, inlays and onlays and veneers can be completed in one visit reducing the need for multiple anesthetic applications.
- Since your dentist is fabricating your restoration chairside, there is no dental lab involved. And since there is no need to send impressions out for a restoration to be made, the need for protective temporaries is eliminated.
- Using the most current imagery technology, restorations are milled directly from pictures and impressions taken in that same appointment. Using 3D digital technology allows the dentist to fabricate exactly what is needed to restore the tooth. This can mean less of your tooth’s structure is impacted when placing a CEREC versus a traditional restoration.
- The material used in CEREC restorations offers durability in areas of high chewing pressure.
- Available in multiple shades, a CEREC restoration offers the same aesthetic beauty you’ve come to expect making your CEREC restoration virtually undetectable.
- Restorations employing metal as their base do not allow for decay detection, but with CEREC restorations your dentist can monitor your dental health on treated teeth.
- In about the same time as the first appointment with traditional restorations, you will walk out of your dentist’s office with your final restoration in place.
Not all dentists offer this state of the art restoration capability. In addition to acquiring the CEREC technology, dentists must spend countless hours training to be able to offer you the high quality restoration you expect.
While traditional composite resins might be suitable for smaller cavities and areas of low chewing stress, when you are faced with the need for a more solid restoration, inquire about CEREC ceramic restorations in our Dallas Texas office. Call 972-458-2464 to learn more.