Welcome! You have chosen to visit a non-traditional dental practice and we are delighted you are here! We are proud to offer the safest dental treatments known to us at this time and are continuously seeking ways to better provide non-toxic, long lasting and aesthetically pleasing dental care.
How We Are Different From a Traditional Dental Office
- We do not promote the use of, nor provide unhealthy – even toxic products such as fluoride or mercury fillings. If you have dental insurance, you should know it is a common practice for insurance companies to downgrade dental codes for a tooth colored filling on a molar tooth to what they would pay for an amalgam, or mercury filling. This is not acceptable and we will not participate in placing these types of fillings. Our composite resin filling materials are BPA and fluoride free .
- Dr. Kozlow has worked closely with an Environmental M.D. in Dallas for many years and throughout this time has been able to narrow down the products that most environmentally compromised patients can tolerate.
- We use no metal in this practice. If a filling will not serve to restore a tooth, we offer all ceramic restorations instead. For the most part, these are made in-house in our lab. We do not outsource any of our lab work to China, a very common practice in many dental offices attempting to control overhead costs. Nor do we obtain any of our products from China.
- Dr. Kozlow has had extensive training in the safe removal of mercury fillings and is accredited by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. He has also completed extensive training in the use of ozone in dentistry, providing alternative treatments that have proven to be less obtrusive/invasive in the actual application, with astonishing results.
- We promote healthy homecare products such as alcohol and chemical free mouth rinse, tooth paste and coconut oil.
- We work closely with your wellness provider to ensure the best outcome for your particular circumstance. We are happy to provide you with a referral to a wellness practitioner if requested.
- We do not force you to take x-rays. While necessary for proper diagnosis and to obtain reimbursement from insurance companies for various procedures, we let YOU make the final decision as to whether or not you will submit to routine (yearly) diagnostic radiographs. If you choose not to, we will simply have you sign a waiver exempting our office from liability should you have an issue resulting from lack of diagnostic opportunity. Please note we employ technology enabling us to provide a lower dosage of radiation than traditional x-rays. As an added precaution, we use a thyroid collar in addition to the lead apron.
- We will always do our very best to make sure you receive the best care possible, in an environment that is conducive to a safe, calm dental experience. We welcome your suggestions if you see an area we could make improvement.
In conclusion, we want you to know we recognize your time is very valuable. Our most important goal is to deliver a safe dental experience. However, there are times when scheduled treatment cases may be more complex than expected and therefore take longer to complete, causing us to run behind. We also accept emergency appointments which will at times complicate our schedule. Please understand if you needed in on short notice for any type of dental emergency, we would most certainly extend the same courtesy to you. Your patience during such events is very much appreciated. Thank you again for visiting us today. We are excited to welcome you into our dental family!