17 Mar Porcelain Veneers: Affordable Luxury
- Chipped teeth – One or more teeth that have been chipped can be corrected by covering them with stain resistant porcelain.
- Stained or discolored teeth – Certain medications, advanced age, or lifestyle habits can result in dark spots or discolored teeth. When this happens, appearance can be spoiled … but when veneers are placed over these teeth, the result provides an even and brightened smile.
- Gum recession – When gum tissue is receding, veneers can be placed on these teeth to return them to a more natural appearance.
- Misshapen or worn down teeth – Teeth will appear straight and uniform when veneers are used to eliminate those troubled areas.
- Gaps between teeth – Your cosmetic dentist can place one or multiple veneers which will make unwanted gaps appear to close.
Dental veneers can be placed on one tooth, several teeth or in more than one area of the mouth to alter the appearance of teeth requiring correction. The dentist will take impressions to be forwarded to the lab so the shape and contour of teeth can be duplicated to provide the most natural appearance.
The veneers will be tried in before completion to make sure they fit and look great. Shading can be adjusted by using the appropriate adhesive. Small adjustments to size or shape can be made by the dentist at this time. Once the dentist and patient are satisfied, the veneers will be permanently cemented into place.
The patient will have achieved a smile makeover using one of the most minimally invasive procedures available. Once the veneers are in place, the cosmetic changes are significant making porcelain veneers a complete dental correction that is more affordable than many other cosmetic enhancements.
Caring for veneers is the same as caring for biological teeth. Daily brushing and flossing will keep all your teeth healthy in between the much needed six month dental check-ups. As with any cosmetic dental work, your dentist may advise of foods and actions to avoid such as biting into hard or sticky foods or biting your nails.
By following this advice, you will enjoy your luxurious new smile for many years to come. For more information and to schedule your consultation, contact our skilled dental team at 972-458-2464 today.