25 May Subtle Straightening with Invisalign
Subtle has been defined as something so slight as to be difficult to detect or describe. The Invisalign method of teeth straightening might be subtle in appearance during treatment, but the final result will provide “wow” changes that will be anything but subtle.
Invisalign uses clear soft plastic aligners to gently shift teeth to correct an over bite, under bite or cross bite. Advantages making Invisalign a leader in teeth straightening include:
- The aligners are made from clear plastic making them virtually undetectable during treatment.
- There are no metal bands, brackets or wires to cause uncomfortable abrasions.
- Aligners are removable so you can continue to eat your favorite foods including fresh fruits and vegetables that are difficult to manage with traditional braces.
- You can easily continue excellent oral hygiene habits of daily flossing and brushing as the aligners are removable. Good oral hygiene promotes healthy teeth and gums and being able to remove the aligners for dental exams allows for early detection of decay.
- If participating in sports, the Invisalign aligners can be replaced by a mouth guard to protect teeth and gums during activity.
Unlike traditional braces where your dentist tightens the wires on the brackets to continue the teeth straightening process, Invisalign employs the use of a series of clear soft aligners that are updated by replacing them every two to three weeks throughout treatment. As teeth gently shift into their correct position, a new aligner is introduced to continue the process. [pullquote]Invisalign uses clear soft plastic aligners to gently shift teeth to correct an over bite, under bite or cross bite.[/pullquote]
A consultation with our dental provider will see if you are a qualified candidate for Invisalign. If so, a series of pictures, X-rays and dental impressions will be taken. These will be sent to the Invisalign laboratory where through 3-D imagery and technology, the aligners will be produced in a series that will gently, but effectively, create your new bite and smile.
Invisalign aligners must be worn twenty to twenty-two hours per day during treatment to achieve the desired results in the prescribed time frame. Each case is different, and your dentist will be the best guide to determine how long your treatment might take.
Your subtle treatment will result in a stunning smile that will last a lifetime, thanks to Invisalign. For more information about this innovative orthodontic treatment, contact our Dallas office today.